The Koindu Family Association of North America (KFANA) was created by the initiatives of the sons and daughters of the Kissi Bendu Community (Koindu and its surrounding towns and people) living in the United States of America (USA), to form a non-profit organization geared towards common objectives that will attempt to address and promote the interests and development of the Kissi Bendu Community.
Successful action on the endeavors of the sons and daughters of the Koindu Family Association and its supporters is founded on the collective need to understand, and an active participation of all, to remedy any feasible need-based problems affecting the development and growth of the region.
As a registered non-profit organization, we welcome ALL the sons and daughters, and friends of the Kissi Bendu Community.
The main objectives of the organization are as follows:
- To provide a progressive platform for innovative ideas and effective discussions geared primarily towards the development and prosperity of the Kissi Bendu community.
- To encourage and empower one another in efforts to collaborate on resource-pulling and project endeavors through community fundraising activities.
- To promote a community valued on inclusiveness, integrity, accountability and transparency.
- To enforce a civic community that respects and supports one another through but not limited to social, economic, academic, and professional issues.
- To create awareness and sensitization programs that will eliminate the discrimination and stigmatization of post-EBOLA victims